Friday, November 23, 2007

TOMORROW STARTS THE DIET

TOMORROW STARTS THE DIET

I have been really frustrated with my diet lately. I have not been victorious with my eating or exercise and it has been troubling me. Recently when I was out to lunch with a friend, we were discussing the woes of our eating troubles and lack of exercise and he said, "After the holidays I am going to start back and ..."

Well here is a poem that I found last year on Crosswalk.com. Please keep reading after the poem:

T'was The Night of Thanksgiving

T'was the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep The leftovers beckoned - the Dark meat and white But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation The thought of a snack became infatuation. So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door and Gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes, Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes. I felt myself swelling so plump and so round, Till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie. But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all, pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes ' n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious. May your pies take the prize.
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

(Crosswalk.com)

Now suppose I told you that I have discovered the perfect diet food?
Guaranteed that you can eat as much of it as you want, at anytime during the day and you will never put on a pound! It is carb-free, sodium free, but it does contain sugar - natural sugar. Experts who have eaten it say that when you eat it, it is sweeter than honey! Unlike most diet plans, once you buy the initial product, you never have to buy it again. It's not a 30-day supply for ..... it is a diet food that will last forever. It comes in several versions and it is a cross-cultural product.

There are several cautions that I must make:

1. There are times when this food will cause you to make some
lifestyle changes.

2. On some days it will be difficult to swallow, but still easy to
digest.

3. Once you eat it, you may find yourself craving more and more.

4. Once you eat it, you may find yourself thinking about throughout
the day - it's the diet food that gives and gives again and again.

And while there are many critics how have questioned it effectiveness, this product has been around for centuries and has a proven track record!

So if you want to get started today - open your Bible! Start reading from Genesis and work your way through Revelation! You will never gain a pound and you will never go away hungry! Don't wait until after the holidays - start today!

Great quote: Jesus says to you and me, 'I want to share with you what I have achieved. I want to live in you. I want to share my risen life with you.' How do we get it? We cannot buy it, cannot earn it, cannot work for it-no matter how hard we try. In fact the harder we try, the less likely we are of getting it, because the point is that it is a free gift! We can only accept it free! We can only receive it! We don't get it by being good! We get it by grace, i.e. Jesus Christ living in us. -- Cyril Brooks

Thanks for reading Freedom Fighters! Yes, the cantata tomorrow night is not September 24th - it is November 24th! Check out the website for
details: www.americaskeswick.org.

No comments: