Monday, October 15, 2007

The Lord Is ...

THE LORD IS …
When reading through the Word each day, I am amazed at how many times words or phrases seem to jump off the page and minister to me in an amazing way. This morning as I was reading through the Scriptures in the devotional tool, DAILY LIGHT, I was reminded of the little word, “IS!”

By the way … this IS a great tool. The DAILY LIGHT is just Scripture verses arranged in a morning and evening reading. We have them available in the KESWICK BOOK & GIFT SHOP or you can read it online at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/

I am thankful that I have a historical record from God’s Word of God’s faithfulness of who He WAS to the children of Israel and to many of the great Bible characters. But what is incredibly thrilling to me is that not only WAS God – HE IS today for me and for you.

Listen to some of these amazing verses:

The Lord IS my rock and fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior!

The Lord IS my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.

When my enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. We may boldly say: ‘The Lord IS my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?’The Lord IS my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord IS the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

(Psalm 59:9; 2 Samuel 22:2-3; Psalm 28:7; Isaiah 59:19; Hebrews 13:6; Psalm 27:1)

I challenge you to work your way through the book of Psalms and underline all the verses that say: “The Lord IS …” You be absolutely amazed at what the Lord IS to you, right now – today – October 15, 2007. That ought to cause your heart to soar towards heaven with praise and thanksgiving.Write them down in your journal – and when you are tempted to have that pity party that we all face from time to time, go back and remind yourself – The Lord IS …

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT … “A God-hungry person soon becomes a God-filled person, then He becomes a God-explaining person. What a joy to be a God-explaining person, one who invitingly says: ‘Taste and see that the Lord is good!” (Psalm 34:8) – Glynn Evans

Join us tomorrow for the first THE BUSINESS NETWORK breakfast of the new season. We will be studying business principles from the book of Proverbs. Pastor Bill Raws will be sharing on the topic of TRUSTING IN THE LORD. The breakfast is free and begins at 7:15 AM in the Raws Lobby. Come and bring a friend … but please call today for reservations!!! (732-350-1187)

No comments: