Monday, November 13, 2006

WHO'S IN CONTROL ANYWAY?

WHO'S IN CONTROL ANYWAY?

I don't want to get anyone worked up this morning, but I have been
amazed at how many people I have talked to since election day that are
so down because of the election results. Some are just feeling pretty
morbid and filled with despair.

I have to say that I was very disappointed in the results. I was very
disappointed in the polls that showed how few Christians exercised their
privilege as a citizen of the United States to go out and vote. I heard
so many say "well my vote won't make a difference!" Well my friend, our
lack of voting did make a difference.

But beyond that I have to remember that God is still on the throne and
is aware of everything that is going on around us. I don't think that I
am trying to live life like an ostrich with its head buried in the
ground -- He is still in control! Now that it is all over, we DO have a
responsibility as citizens of the greatest country on earth to pray for
our elected officials. Yes, you heard me right. You can pray for those
who were elected to office that God will be at work in their hearts just
as He would have been in the heart of the one you wanted to win.

Paul wrote to Titus: "Remind them to be subject to the rulers, to
authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign
no one, to be uncontentious, gentle, showing consideration for all men."
(Titus 3:1-2) Now is not the time to bury our heads in the sands. Now is
the time for us as Christians to get on our knees and pray! Pray for
President Bush. Pray for Vice-President Cheney. Pray for our Senators
and Congressmen. Pray that God will bring into their lives the RIGHT
people who can influence them. And why not take it one step further -
names and email addresses are just a click away - why not write a note
today and let your Congressman or Senator know that you are praying for
him/her. They sure get blasted with lots of negative emails. Your note
of encouragement today could make a difference.

I remember an old saying - "It ain't over until the fat lady sings ..."
It isn't over, my friend. Remember today - God is in control and is
still on the throne! Let's PUSH together for our country - Pray Until
Something Happens.

Great Quote: We want to avoid suffering, death, sin, ashes. But we live
in a world crushed and broken and torn, a world God Himself visited to
redeem. We receive his poured-out life, and being allowed the high
privilege of suffering with Him, may then pour ourselves out for others.
-
Elisabeth Elliot

Have a loved one struggling with addiction? Not sure what to do? Join us
for a special one-day seminar on Saturday, December 9th for our first
FAMILY & FRIENDS DAY. See the website for details:
http://www.americaskeswick.org/conf/evspmensday.shtml
or call 800-4563-7942.

No comments: