Thursday, May 04, 2006

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER

"If my people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and
seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from
heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles
7:14

Today people will gather all across our nation to pray. God hears our
prayers. This is a day to pray for our President and those who serve
with him. It is a day to pray for our nation. The 2006 theme is
"America, Honor God." God called Israel to humble themselves and pray
and to turn from their wicked ways. I want to encourage you today to
spend some time before the Father and examine YOUR heart.

I share with you one of the prayers of the Puritans that deal with sin
in our lives. The words of powerful:

Merciful Lord,
Pardon all my sins of this day, week, year, all the sins of my life,
sins of early, middle, and advanced years,
of omission and commission,
of morose, peevish and angry tempers,
of lip, life and walk,
of hard-heartedness, unbelief, presumption, pride,
of unfaithfulness to the souls of men,
of want of bold decision in the cause of Christ,
of bringing dishonor upon Your great name,
of deception, injustice, untruthfulness,
in my dealings with others,
of impurity in thought, word and deed,
of covetousness, which is idolatry,
of substance unduly hoarded, improvident ally squandered,
not consecrated to the glory of thee,
the great Giver;
sins in private and in the family,
in study and recreation, in the busy haunts of men,
in the study of Your Word and in the neglect of it,
in prayer irreverently offered and coldly withheld,
in time misspent,
in yielding to Satan's wiles,
in opening my heart to his temptations,
in being unwatchful when I know him nigh,
in quenching the Holy Spirit;
sins against light and knowledge, against conscience and the restraints
of thy Spirit,
against the law of eternal love.
Pardon all my sins, known and unknown,
felt and unfelt,
confessed and not confessed,
remembered or forgotten,
Good Lord, hear; and hearing, forgive. Amen!

"Oh Holy Ghost, revival comes from Thee;
Send a revival, start the work in ME.
Thy Word declares Thou wilt supply our need;
For blessings now, O Lord, I humbly plead!"

No comments: