Tuesday, April 04, 2006

OBSERVATIONS ON A "WALK BY FAITH" -- How's your attitude?

OBSERVATIONS ON A "WALK BY FAITH" -- How's your attitude?

Many of us have quoted the verse -- "we walk by faith not by sight" --
but do we really understand what we are quoting? Your attitude can
AFFECT your walk. Chuck Swindoll, in his new daily devotional, GREAT
DAYS WITH THE GREAT LIVES . . . DAILY INSIGHT FROM GREAT LIVES OF THE
BIBLE, shares three insights on this "walk of faith" from the life of
Joseph (Genesis 45:10-15).

"If you're under the impression that you are going to be great because
of some accomplishment you've achieved by harboring wrong attitudes,
you're in for a terrible jolt. Greatness comes in the sweet-spirit
attitudes of humility and forgiveness towards others. Joseph sets before
us a magnanimous example. How beautifully forgiving he was, how generous
in his mercy.

It takes God to make the heart right. When I have a wrong attitude, I
look at life HUMANLY. When I have a right attitude, I look at life
DIVINELY. That's the real beauty of Joseph's life. That's the kernel of
truth his life represents. He was great, mainly because of his attitude.

And there are three specific lessons that grow out of that single truth:

1. When I am able, by faith, to see God's plan in my location, my
attitude will be right . . . Not until you can relax and see God in
your PRESENT location will you be useful to Him. A positive theological
attitude will do wonders for your geographical latitude.

2. When I am able, by faith, to sense God's hand in my situation, my
attitude will be right. I don't begin the day be gritting by teeth,
asking, 'Why do I have to stay in this situation?' Instead, I believe
that He made me the way I am and put me where I am to do what He has
planned for me to do.

3. When I am able, by faith, to accept both location and situation as
good, even when there's been evil in the process, my attitude will be
right. When I can say with Joseph, 'but God meant it for good,' then I
become a trophy of grace.

Joseph shows us that the only way to find happiness in the grind of life
is to do so by FAITH. A faith-filled life means all the difference in
how we view everything around us. It affects our attitudes towards
people, toward location, toward situation, toward circumstances, toward
ourselves. Only then do our feet become swift to do what is right.

Good words for your consideration on this 4th day of April.

No comments: