Thursday, March 16, 2006

MY WORTH TO GOD PUBLICLY IS MEASURED BY WHAT I

This weekend we added a number of new men to our Freedom Fighter list.
Welcome guys! We are glad you have joined us. Freedom Fighter was
birthed because of our passion to see men living victoriously in a world
filled with craziness and change. We desire to see men not living on the
edge with temptation and sin -- but living in freedom -- being more than
conquerors.

Most of what I share with you each morning is fresh from what I am
reading and learning through my daily devotional time with the Lord.
This morning my friend Oswald Chambers once again nailed me . . . I
admit to you that one of my life long battles has been pleasing people.
Sometimes I have allowed the fear of man to override my fear of God. But
it isn't about pleasing people -- it's about PLEASING HIM! Listen to the
words of Chambers from today's devotional from MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST
. . .

"We make it our aim . . . to be well pleasing to Him." (2 Corinthians
5:9)

"It requires a conscious decision and effort to keep our primary goal
constantly in front of us. It means holding ourselves to the highest
priority year in and year out; not making our first priority to win
souls, or to establish churches, or to have revivals, but seeking only
'to be well pleasing to Him.' IT IS NOT A LACK OF SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE
THAT LEADS TO FAILURE, BUT A LACK OF WORKING TO KEEP OUR EYES FOCUSED
AND ON THE RIGHT GOAL.' At least once a week examine yourself before God
to see if your life is measuring up to the standard He has for you. Paul
was like a musician who gives no thought to audience approval, if he can
only catch a look of approval from his Conductor.

Any goal we have that diverts us even to the slightest degree from the
central goal of being 'approved to God' (2 Timothy 2:15) may result in
our rejection from further service for Him. When you discern where the
goal leads, you will understand why it is so necessary to keep 'looking
unto Jesus (Hebrews 12:2). Paul spoke of the importance of controlling
his own body so that it would not take him in the wrong direction. He
said, 'I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest . . . I
myself should become disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:27)

I must learn to relate everything to the primary goal, maintaining it
without interruption. MY WORTH TO GOD PUBLICLY IS MEASURED BY WHAT I
REALLY AM IN MY PRIVATE LIFE. Is my primary goal in life to please Him
and to be acceptable to Him, or is it something less, no matter how
lofty it may sound?"

Powerful words for our consideration this morning. "Lord, my desire
today is to be pleasing to YOU, and you alone. Help me today not to fear
people, but to fear YOU. Help me today to stay focused on the RIGHT
goal. I pray that for me and for my fellow Freedom Fighters."

No comments: