Tuesday, July 26, 2005

GOD'S MASTERPIECE

Last night as we were heading into dinner, Julia Bitler, one of our "adopted grandkids," came running over to me and my wife to hand us pictures that she made of us. I have tucked mine in my Bible as it was really precious. She sees me quite differently than I see myself -- she gave be brown curly hair! I WISH I had brown hair -- it was brown once -- now its mostly gray and white.

There are some tremendous insights in this little "God moment" that came to my mind. I am thankful this morning that God sees me so much differently than I see myself. He created me and he created you. Psalm 139 reminds us that He fashioned us while we were in our mother's womb! God doesn't make junk -- He creates masterpieces! He sees in us something totally different than what we often see. The New Living Translation puts it this way: "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he
planned for us long ago." (Ephesians 2:11)

Several years ago we visited the Precious Moments Chapel in Missouri. At the front of the chapel is a huge mural that has been in progress for a number of years. The artist has created a masterpiece that is "still in progress." He keeps adding more and more beauty to his project. It is a work in progress.

That my friend, is what you are -- a work in progress. God is molding and shaping you, conforming you to the image of His dear Son. One day you will be complete! Don't take yourself off the easel! Allow the Master to continue to do His work in your life today.

Good thoughts to ponder on this hot summer July day.

No comments: